Dear High Plains Families,
Welcome back to a new and exciting school year! I would like to thank all of the High Plains parents who contribute their time, energy and talent to help make High Plains Elementary such an amazing school. The PTCO has been hard at work planning fun events for our High Plains community this year that we hope you and your family will enjoy!
A few highlights you can anticipate this year include:
- Moms' Night Out – An evening for moms at High Plains to enjoy a night out.
- Family Western Night – A western-themed night of food, music, dancing, games and activities at High Plains.
- Pastries with Parents –
morning for families to enjoy donuts and coffee with their kids.
- Scholastic and Usborne Book Fairs – Add some great new books to your home library while helping our school earn new books for the High Plains Library.
- High Plains Auction - A fun social evening where you can bid on fantastic donated items.
- Family Fun Run – Lace up your running shoes for the 5k & 1 Mile Fun Run through our High Plains neighborhoods.
- Celebration of Culture - Formerly known as Taste of High Plains, this multicultural food tasting experience will be held in the fall.
- Spring Specials (formerly known as ArtVenture) - See all of the students’ artwork, listen to the Band and Choir perform, enjoy performances by the Super Skippers.
- Hungry Hawks Enjoy a meal out once a month with a portion of the proceeds going back to High Plains. Look for the dates on the attached calendar of events.
We welcome your participation in one or more of these events. We value your time as a volunteer and consider you the essential force that makes each and every event a success.
bookmark the PTCO Web Site at http://highplainsptco.digitalpto.com/ for important
information, volunteer opportunities and how to contact the PTCO Executive
Board or other Committee Members.
Remember, if you are a parent of a child at High Plains you are part of the PTCO -- that's P
rganization. You are invited to attend our PTCO Information Meetings in the High Plains cafeteria.
The dates and times for the PTCO Information Meetings for the year are:
- Thursday, August 16 at 8:00 am; State of the School Address
- Wed., January 16 at 8:00 am; Roundtable Discussion of Current Topics
- Thursday, April 18 at 8:00 am; Coffee with a Campus Representative
We look forward to seeing you this year!
April Besanceney and Heather Calvert
High Plains PTCO Co-Presidents